From 3 October 2022 to 7 July 2023
IN ITALIAN AND ENGLISH
Given the countless requests for partecipation received, of which we are happy, we inform you that unfortunately the avilable places are sold out. We will work to relaunch a 2nd Edition of the Diploma for next year.
The diploma program is especially aimed at all those interested in leadership understood as service for the good of society.
In the context of a globalized and multicultural world, which increasingly requires exemplary behavior, it is essential for any leader to have a solid formation and a life rooted in the daily exercise of character virtues.
The good in a leader is by nature expansive and inherently communicative, so a good life rightly ordered becomes a type of beacon that guides and encourages others, by word and example, towards a virtuous life. If the virtuous life of a leader is also accompanied by a deep spiritual and human formation, the ability to serve the community and become a point of reference for others will be even greater.
In addition to cultivating Virtuous Leadership, the program also incorporates the development of soft skills, necessary for every good leader, such as the ability to effectively manage teams, resolve conflicts and manage crises, the ability to empathize, to actively listen, the ability to speak in public and persuade with the truth, etc.
It is an initiative created in order to develop a leadership program for students at Roman Universities (and beyond) based on virtues and oriented towards service.
The proposed Diploma Program will rest on three main pillars:
- An anthropological and theological foundation based on the magisterium of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI in continuity with that of Pope Francis.
- A practical methodology that will allow students to put into practice what they learn as the course progresses.
- The development of character virtues necessary for every current and future leader. The methodology we expect to follow includes close and personal mentorship, which will enable students to internalize those virtues in their personal lives.
The Diploma Program, will be taught online and will be compatible with other studies at the participating institutions. As such, it is a part-time program. It is planned to last one academic year. The recipients of this diploma will be people who occupy or will occupy positions of responsibility and who wish to learn leadership from the perspective of character virtues with an orientation to service.
The Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum, wishes to offer a rigorous university-level Diploma Program called Leadership: Service through Virtues (LSTV) based on a virtuous leadership curriculum for, primarily but not exclusively, future leaders within the Roman Catholic Church worldwide.
With the encouragement of the Congregation for Catholic Education, LSTV will be offered in partnership with the Conference of Rectors of Roman Pontifical Universities and Institutions:
Pontifical Lateran University,
Pontifical University Thomas Aquinas (the Angelicum),
Salesian Pontifical University,
Pontifical University of San Anselmo
Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum
Universidad Francisco de Vitoria.
- TARGET STUDENTS: Students from Roman and pontifical universities and any person that aspires to have leadership responsibility, interested in formation in virtues through the teaching of the Christian tradition.
- MAIN OBJECTIVE: The formation of future leaders of the Catholic Church who serve the community through virtues, looking for the well-being and the flourishing of each person in the community they serve.
- FUNDAMENTAL BASIS: The anthropological tradition and Christian ethics, especially the three most recent Pope’s teachings.
- Theoretical-practical, experiential, transdisciplinary.
- Personalized accompaniment through mentoring.
- FORMAT: online, with some face-to-face sessions for students at Rome.
- ADMISSION: Bachelor’s degree or enrollment in a Pontifical Faculty.
- Syncronous: one module, lasting one hour (one every 4 weeks);
- Asyncronous: short introductory videos with homework, lectures, etc. to do during the week.
The lessons and the day (one for module) will be defined by the teachers at the beginning of the Course.
Each student wil have to submit works every week without a defined timeline, except for some moments of online lessons (one for module).
SIGNING UP: Complete by 26 September 2022.
The cost of participation is €500, but there are some special reduced rates:
-80% Reduction for participants enrolled in Pontifical Universities participating in the Diploma;
-70% Reduction for priests, nuns, consecreted and religious;
For more information:
Giuseppe La Malfa
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel.: +39 06 91689867
Cel.: +39 346 2856633
Via degli Aldobrandeschi, 190 – 00163 Roma