Magíster en Doctrina Social de la Iglesia. Reflexión y vida
The Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum in collaboration with the University Finis Terrae of Santiago de Chile, the University Francisco de Vitoria – Spain, and the Society of Consecrated Lay Apostolic Life of Regnum Christi promotes a new online training course in Spanish.
This course will confer the Chilean civil title of Magíster en Doctrina Social de la Iglesia. Reflexión y vida, a second-cycle academic degree for the Chilean university system.
This program confers two degrees: Master’s Degree in Social Doctrine of the Church. Reflection and Life (The University Fines Terrae – Chile) and Título Propio (The University Francisco de Vitoria – Spain).
In this sense, the Master’s Degree is promoted with the purpose of covering the need for solid formation in the subject, having as its main audience Catholics with professional, management, and leadership responsibilities who wish to deepen in the social doctrine of the Church (reflection) and in the connection of this thought with concrete realities (life), to acquire skills that help them to develop their functions and concrete tasks according to the principles and criteria of the social doctrine of the Church. In addition, the course is also aimed at formators, teachers, catechists, priests and consecrated persons, to acquire skills that will help them to develop their functions and concrete tasks according to the principles, criteria, and values of the social doctrine of the Church.
The program aims to foster and project the apostolic conscience of Christians, offering formative tools for the evangelization of temporal realities. To this end, it seeks to provide an overview of the content of the social doctrine of the Church and to facilitate the deeper study of an area of interest. These intentions are expressed in the following objectives:
- To provide a rigorous and up-to-date formation in the unity and in the various areas of the Church’s social doctrine, oriented to research in the multiple spheres of social life, from the family to the international community, in interdisciplinary dialogue, and for the edification of the civilization of justice and love.
- To contribute to the development of lines of research on problems in the different areas of the Church’s social doctrine in order to cooperate in the academic advancement of this field.
- To teach a vision and a methodology of approach to social problems capable of transforming personal and social life with the Gospel.
With a course load of 60 ECTS, to be taken in two years, distributed in four semesters, the academic program of studies is structured in a Common Module with 20 obligatory credits; three optional itineraries, each of which consists of 28 ECTS. The student chooses between:
- Optional Itinerary 1: The Person and the Environment;
- Optional Itinerary 2: The Social Role of Private Initiative;
- Optional Itinerary 3: Public Administration and International Society.
The entire Master’s program is conceived as a dialogue between faith and reason, with an intentional focus on the evangelization of temporal realities, that is, the Christian transformation of the spheres of social life.
It is possible to follow the study remotely (in Spanish). Activities and synchronous classes by videoconference.
The Director of the Magister is Prof. Emilio Martinez Albesa, Extraordinary Professor of our Faculty of Theology.