InterLibrary Loan (ILL) and Document Delivery (DD)
The Library provides the InterLibrary Loan (ILL) service.
Documents are delivered to and remain on loan to the borrowing library for 30 days, beginning on the date of shipping.
The loan may be renewed. The documents must be returned by registered letter with a return receipt.
Usually, the lending library has reciprocity arrangements on a free-of-charge basis with the borrowing library. Otherwise, the lending library may require a refund of expenses, to be paid via IFLA vouchers or €0.60 stamps; these expenses range from €4.00 to €8.00.
The Document Delivery (DD) service is provided in compliance with the applicable copyright legislation. Copies of the requested documents are delivered by mail, fax, or e-mail. The cost of this service depends on the requested number of copies:
from 1 to 20 A4 sheets: €8.00
from 20 to 50 A4 sheets: €16.00
from 50 to 100 A4 sheets: €30.00.
Requests must be sent to [email protected].
The service is suspended in the summer and Christmas periods.
Spacious premises, services, and tools for research
The Library provides all users with:
- a reading room with 400 seats and tables for reading and studying, wall power sockets to facilitate the use of laptops, and connection to the network of the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum and of the European University of Rome (Università Europea di Roma); in the reading room, users have immediate access to the texts shelved in the open stacks, divided by discipline (theology, philosophy, and bioethics), as well as to encyclopaedias, dictionaries, manuals, and textbooks; issues of journals published in the past two years are also readily available; 9 PCs with access to the digital catalogue and to the Internet and another 4 PCs with access to data banks and digital journals; wireless network; self-service copying machines; and lockers for personal belongings;
- On-line catalogue (OPAC) of the National Library Service (SBN);
- ACNP catalogue for searching national periodicals;
- ESSPER catalogue for searching articles in periodicals;
- Local access to all the holdings of the Library; books with call numbers 0, 1, and 2 are available in the reading room and can be taken directly off the shelves; books and periodicals not available in the reading room must be requested by submitting an appropriate form to the Library personnel; users may request 10 books per day from the Library’s repository; the books may be withdrawn from and must be returned to the front desk;
- loan of documents owned by the Library;
- national and international InterLibrary Loan, enabling users to receive any publication owned by Italian and foreign libraries within a short time;
- Document Delivery (DD): copies of articles and excerpts of monographs from all libraries in the world;
- customised local and remote support for searching bibliographic material, also for degree theses.
The Library provides a copying and Document Delivery service in compliance with the applicable copyright legislation (Law no. 633 of 22 April 1941, as amended and supplemented).
Guided tours of the Library may be organised on request. Workshops on the use of the digital catalogue, data banks, and digital periodicals may also be held at the request of teachers and groups of users.
The Library website contains up-to-date documents, and resources for bibliographic searches, as well as instructions for the use of available products and services.