The “Pontifical Scholarships Fund” arises from the continuous request for support from our students to be able to study at our Pontifical Atheneum Regina Apostolorum.
Our mission leads us to “form apostles, Christian leaders both clerics and laity, at the service of the Church in order to witness to the mystery of Christ and in full communion with the Magisterium of the Church, to create currents of thought which answer man’s theoretical and existential questions, permeating society with an evangelical spirit.” This fund will be able to support the formation of both clergy and lay people engaged in the evangelization of culture.
Evangelizing culture is not only our mission but the Church’s mission because “a faith that does not become culture is a faith not fully accepted, not entirely thought out, not faithfully lived” (St. John Paul II).
In our epoch the words of St. Paul VI are timeless: “the split between the Gospel and culture is without a doubt the drama of our time, just as it was of other times” (Evangelii Nuntiandi, 20). The apostles and Christian leaders who are formed at the Regina Apostolorum are accompanied in this mission by the efforts of our benefactors who will allow us to offer them a scholarship to continue preparing to better to respond as credible witnesses of the Gospel and integral human development. “A commitment to peace, justice, human rights and human promotion is also a witness to the Gospel when it is a sign of concern for persons and is directed toward integral human development” (Redemptoris Missio, 42).
Donations made as generic scholarships will go into this fund. The scholarships are intended for students who would like to study at our Pontifical Athenaeum, and who have a compromise in the evangelization of culture. The scholarships granted will be given in an amount up to 50% of the contribution due for academic fees but not for enrollment.
– Have academic excellence (at least 92/100).
– Compromise to the evangelization of culture, based on the document of the Pontifical Council for Culture for a Pastoral Care of Culture, motivated with the written support of the Bishop / religious Superior and a professional lay person. If assigned to third cycle students, the investigation project must be within one of the research lines of the APRA.
The request must be submitted within the following dates:
– from 01/04 to 30/06;
– from 01/09 to 15/09;
– from 01/11 to 15/01;
The student can apply for a scholarship by going to the treasury window or by sending an email to [email protected] on the established dates, attaching the following documentation:
– foreign student not resident in Italy;
– foreign student residing in Italy but not self-employed and with relatives living abroad;
– Italian student residing abroad;
documentation proving income and family members must be submitted.
* Only applications with complete documentation will be accepted.