Rome, September 9th, 2020.
From October 26th to 31st, the 15th Course on Exorcism and Prayer of Liberation will be held at the pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum in Rome.
The course, organized by the Sacerdos Institute of the Athenaeum and the GRIS (Group for Socio-religious Research and Information), is the first in the world and proposes careful, multidisciplinary academic research on the ministry of exorcism and prayer of liberation.
In this year’s edition, several innovations will be introduced:
– Important research on exorcism carried out by Sacerdos Institute in cooperation with the GRIS and the University of Bologna will be presented;
– A round table composed of exorcists belonging to various Christian denominations is planned;
– A French priest specialized in prayer of liberation will participate for the first time.
Several persons belonging to other religious creeds will be present among the participants.
This year, only accredited journalists will receive the research abstract and participate in the following phases of the course:
1. Monday, Oct 26th from 9.00 to 11.00: plenary session;
2. Monday, Oct 26th at 11.30: round table for media with the participation of a member of the scientific committee and the coordinator of the Institute;
3. Friday, Oct 30th at 12.00: round table for media with the participation of a Catholic and an Anglican exorcist;
Only accredited journalists will be allowed in the Athenaeum.
Press accreditation process:
– Send an accreditation request to [email protected] specifying name and surname of the journalist, as well as of the team assisting the journalist, e-mail address, telephone number and newspaper/magazine’s name, before October 10th.
– The press office of the Athenaeum will communicate acceptance or refusal of the accreditation requests by Oct 15th;
– Only the accredited press members will be allowed in the Athenaeum and receive badges and information material at the reception desk (opening Oct 26th from 8.00 to 11.30);
– Only the accredited press members are allowed to participate in the activities reserved to the Press.
After receiving accreditation, we will propose a scheduling of interviews (on the basis of subjects, languages and days of the course).
It is severely prohibited to do interviews without the required authorization or outside of the dedicated areas and to take photographs or video/audio recordings in the conference hall. Any breach will result in the removal of the person from the Athenaeum and the deletion of the video/audio recordings or photographs.
The Communications Manager for the Event
Via degli Aldobrandeschi 190, 00163 Roma