Who is the man of the Shroud?”
EXCLUSIVELY ON LINE
From 22 to 28 March 2021
Reservations open until 27 march 2021
by Fr Andrew Dalton, LC, Assistant Professor in Theology
Who is the man of the Shroud? What is this mysterious cloth, considered by many to be a relic of Jesus Christ himself?
What does contemporary science say about it? Why does it appeal so intensely to our heart?
The Exhibition on the Shroud of the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum offers a unique panorama:
- reproduction of the natural dimensions of the Shroud;
- historical-didactic path from its beginning to our days;
- presentation of the scientific debate on authenticity, characteristics, etc. subject of the researches carried out in the last years;
- bronze statue of the Man of the Shroud, work of the sculptor Luigi E. Mattei;
- holograms of the Man of the Shroud produced by Dr. Petrus Soons;
- study of the Passion of Christ based on the Shroud document;
- reconstruction of some of the objects of the Passion: the nails, the crown of thorns, flagellum used for the scourging;
- Scale reproduction of the Holy Sepulchre at the time of Jesus;
- multimedia presentations on the Shroud.
The Exhibition offers an important opportunity to continue the dialogue between Science and Faith.
It is intended for all those who have a spiritual interest in the Shroud and who wish to know more about its value, its authenticity, its meaning and its message.
Virtual Tour available only from 22nd to 28th March
After registration, the link to visit the online exhibition will be sent.