From 18 June 2022 to 2 July 2022
beginning at 16:00
Women and men in a synodal community
Opening paths for serious and serene dialogue on the role of women within the Church is the goal of this important project.
The initiative shared with other important Pontifical Universities and Catholic Institutes explores the specific contribution of women in the life and mission of the Church. It aims to activate processes of mutual collaboration between women and men in ecclesial spaces, taking on account the question of the lay faithful raised above all by the Second Vatican Council. What is the role of women in this context? The reflection takes place on the horizon of a Church on the path of conversion and in the light of synodality. The Church needs the contribution of women, both in the decision-making sphere and to fully relive her own vocation through her feminine and maternal face.
DATES: June 18 th. – July 2 nd. 2022
TIMETABLE: 16:00 – 20:00 CEST | 10:00 – 14:00 EDT
- To deepen the alliance between men and women in the ecclesial sphere starting from the recognition of the novelty of the Gospel in the understanding of reciprocity.
- Assimilate the foundations and guiding criteria of the promotion of women’s contribution within the Church.
- Identify the fundamental reasons for the difficulties faced by women in carrying out their full mission.
- Understanding some expressions of female subjectivity in the life and mission of the Church in different contexts and grasping historical dynamism as a prerequisite for overcoming anachronistic patterns.
- Develop the understanding of the Catholic tradition in a hermeneutic of continuity in different eras and cultures.
- To grasp new and attractive perspectives of the mission of women within the Church starting from a renewed understanding of the baptismal vocation.
TRANSLATION: will be provided into english and spanish